Friday, March 13, 2015

Proper English Grammar Is Racist And Oppressive, According To "Everyday Feminism."

This is a very interesting article:
I have no idea how I missed this before, but I did, and I'm kinda wishing now that a clever and competent reader hadn't put it on our FB page, because I read it, and now my head hurts from all of the ridiculousness in this article. 
It's written by an English teacher, and it's about grammar and how oppressive and racist it can be.  No joke.  And because it's written by someone who ostensibly cares a great deal about correct syntax and proper sentence construction, it's written really well.  Unfortunately, it just says a lot of really really really ridiculous stuff.
I also came across with this article as well: http://searchlight-germany.blogspot.com/2015/03/proper-english-grammar-is-now-racist.html

No comments:

Post a Comment